African black soap: composition and beneficial properties
Unlike synthetic soaps sold at any store, authentic African black soaps are handmade using natural plant ingredients. With each purchase of such a product, you support environmental production and, in some cases, directly benefit communities in need.
The black color of the soap is obtained through the use of ash from cocoa beans, shea nuts and bananas in the soap. To this is added the shea bark, known as shea butter. It is dried and frayed, and then added to ashes. Oils are added to this composition, including shea butter, cocoa and coconut. Thanks to shea butter, the soap gains UV protection.
Useful properties of black soap
- Antibacterial. The natural antibacterial properties make African black soap an excellent alternative to chemicals full of chemicals. By the way, black soap removes many times more bacteria than its chemical counterparts. Despite its power, it gently affects the skin and is suitable not only for the body, but also for the hands and face.
- Safe for all skin types. If you have dry or sensitive skin, then scented soap and lotions are forbidden for you. African black soap is naturally fragrance free. The main thing when buying is to make sure that you choose the option without additional flavorings. If you have oily or combination skin, you are also not at risk! Black soap helps to normalize the production of sebum without drying the skin and making it even more oily.
- Moisturizes. One of the main components of black soap is shea butter. It helps relieve itching and soften dry skin, while cocoa butter and coconut oil provide it with the necessary hydration.
- Does not make skin oily. This soap is a great option for anyone with combination skin. Shea butter moisturizes the skin, while coconut oil inhibits the excessively active work of the sebaceous glands.
- Helps relieve irritation. African black soap helps alleviate itching and irritation caused by eczema, contact dermatitis and allergies. It even helps get rid of a rash associated with eczema and psoriasis. For even greater effect, choose soap with the addition of oatmeal.
- It has anti-inflammatory effect. Black soap is rich in vitamins A and E. Both of these vitamins are antioxidants - substances that help fight free radicals that otherwise attack healthy skin tissue. This can be especially beneficial for people with inflammatory conditions such as rosacea.
- Helps get rid of acne. Black soap also helps in the fight against acne. It not only normalizes the production of sebum, but also, thanks to the shea butter that is part of it, helps restore damaged cells. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, black soap can even cope with severe cases of acne caused by Propionic Acne bacteria.
- Helps reduce facial wrinkles. Shea butter and coconut oil help reduce collagen loss and stimulate its further production. All this helps to reduce facial wrinkles and fine lines. In addition, the coarse texture of the soap perfectly exfoliates dead skin cells, which makes fine facial wrinkles less noticeable.
- Helps resist UV skin aging. The antioxidants in shea butter help protect your skin from aging caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays. Over time, exposure to the sun can cause age spots. However, black soap helps delay their appearance, creating an additional protective barrier.
- Helps improve skin texture. The African black soap to the eyeballs is filled with natural ingredients. However, part of its useful properties lies precisely in its form. The raw raw ingredients from which black soap is made make the final product much less smooth than regular pharmacy soaps. Due to its unusual texture, black soap is an excellent exfoliator.
- Helps avoid shaving irritation and associated rash. Peeling is a key factor for smooth skin after shaving, waxing or other hair removal methods. It helps remove dead skin particles that could otherwise contaminate the hair follicles. The moisturizing effect of African black soap also helps prevent shaving irritation.
- Helps reduce hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is often the result of acne scars or exposure to sunlight - two factors that African black soap helps to avoid or reduce their intensity.
- Helps minimize scars and stretch marks. Thanks to shea butter and vitamin E, black soap helps reduce redness and the appearance of stretch marks and other scars. It also helps to reduce irritation associated with them.
- Has an antifungal effect. A study of the effects of African black soap showed that it effectively resists seven varieties of the fungus, including the common yeast fungus.
Where does all this benefit come from?
The beneficial effects of African black soap are related to its ingredients, such as:
- cocoa pods
- coconut oil
- palm leaf components, including palm kernel oil and palm oil
- plantain, which contains iron, as well as vitamins A and E
- Shea Butter
Keep in mind that the ingredients that make up black soap can vary significantly depending on the region of Africa where it was made. For example, plantain is used in Central and West Africa, but not in the eastern regions.
Various essential oils can also be added to black soap, such as eucalyptus oil, which helps to relax. Some black oil producers add oatmeal and aloe vera to it.
👍 New items in the category
💯 Bestsellers in the category
✅ Most popular products in the category