Grapefruit oil is your renewed beauty and power
Grapefruit essential oil is a generous gift of nature for human health and beauty. It has a beneficial effect not only on the body, but also on the human psyche, restoring the cheerfulness and joy of life.
Origin and receipt
Grapefruit oil is not inferior to the healing properties of fresh fruit. It is obtained from the fruits of a subtropical evergreen tree, which was bred by the hybridization of orange and pomelo. It is a 5-6-meter long tree with long dark green leaves, elegant white flowers and yellow-red fruits up to 15 cm in diameter.
Homeland grapefruit is considered America, in the wild it does not grow. The first mention of an amazing fruit appeared in the 18th century. The name "grapefruit" was given to him by Jamaican traders. The name is derived from "grape" and "fruit" - because the fruits form branches on the branches like grapes.
The fruit of the tree reaches mid-December. It is then that the harvesting and extraction of useful essential oil begins. The oil is obtained by the method of cold pressing from the skin of a bright fruit, and 1 kg of ether requires 100 kg of fresh skin. The aroma of the oil is light, bitter, with notes of orange, herbs and lemon. The color is yellow-green.
Advantages and features
Grapefruit essential oil contains 90% limonene, as well as coumarins and coumarin furo, citral, linalool, neroli, geraniol. In addition, the oil is rich in minerals potassium and calcium, vitamins A, B2, C, PP, organic acids and carotene.
Grapeseed oil is used in medicine, cooking and cosmetology.
Grapefruit is appreciated because it:
- helps with arthritis, nervous migraines, gout, rheumatism, headache;
- normalizes digestion and metabolism, promotes weight loss;
- strengthens the immune system, protects against infection and colds;
- helps the blood and lymph to be cleared of slag;
- optimizes the work of the liver and gallbladder;
- has a diuretic effect and improves kidney function;
- increases the acidity of gastric juice;
- prevents the development of atherosclerosis;
- excretes toxins and cholesterol;
- relieves depression, insomnia;
- relieves swelling, muscle fatigue;
- is an effective aphrodisiac;
- improves blood circulation;
- tones up.
Grapefruit kills pathogenic strains of microorganisms that enter the human body - in particular, the dangerous bacteria Escherichia coli and salmonella. The oil also fights against fungi and some multicellular parasitic microorganisms.
The oil is able to reduce the craving for sweet - you need to inhale its aroma just from the bottle when you really want to consume. You can also add 3-4 drops of oil to a glass of water and drink this mixture throughout the day.
Grapefruit oil is known as an effective air freshener. Add 5 drops of ether to the water, pour into a nebulizer and spray where you need to eliminate the unpleasant odor.
Important: do not use this oil for a person who is allergic to citrus, as well as pregnant. The use of sun-oil on the skin can cause photosensitivity and burns.
Application and release form
You can apply grapefruit oil in cosmetology in several ways - by preparing cosmetics yourself or by adding the oil to factory cosmetics.
- for aromalamps on 15-17 sq.m from 4 to 6 drops;
- for a 20-minute bath, mix 2-4 drops with salt, foam or honey;
- for compresses, mix 10-15 ml of warmed base oil with 5 drops of grapefruit;
- for anti-cellulite bath, mix 4-6 drops with kefir, milk or yogurt and pour into the bath to + 38 ° C;
- for a total massage, mix 15 ml of base oil with 3-4 drops of grapefruit;
- for anti-cellulite massage, mix 30 ml of base oil with 8-9 drops of other oils and 10 drops of grapefruit;
- for 15-minute cold inhalations - 2 drops per wadded disc or napkin, for 7-minute hot inhalations - 1-2 drops in hot water 30 ml;
- enrichment of cosmetics (gels, masks, shampoos, conditioners) - 3-6 drops of oil per 15 ml.
To whiten any skin, up to 2 tbsp. sea buckthorn oil add 2-3 drops of grapefruit. Use the resulting mixture as a 30-minute mask or as a cream - do not wash.
For strong, fast growing hair, mix 1 tbsp. grape seed oil and 1 drop of rosemary, sage and grapefruit esters. Apply to the roots of the hair, keep for 1-2 hours, then rinse with warm water. Wear the mask once every 3 days.
Grapefruit oil is best combined with oils of lavender, patchouli, bergamot, juniper, patchouli, rosemary, fennel, cinnamon, cypress, neroli, orange, cedar, chamomile, lemon, cardamom and cloves. Do not use it on the skin clean!
Shelf life 1-2 years at room temperature, tightly closed form, avoiding sunlight