Cocoa butter - the choice of gourmets and connoisseurs of beauty
Cocoa Bean Butter causes the most positive associations. Favorite since childhood, the aroma of chocolate is now firmly associated not only with delicacy, but also with pleasant cosmetological procedures.
Origin and receipt
Cocoa butter is obtained from the fruits of a cocoa tree grown in South America. Fresh cocoa beans are fermented and fermented - only so they acquire a recognizable aroma and taste. After the beans are cleaned, fried and ground. The resulting fine grains are hot pressed and this is how the oil is made. And the cake from the marc is processed into cocoa powder.
Before the oil reaches the shelves, it is cleaned, and the degree of the procedure depends on how the final product will be used.
- Unrefined cocoa butter with a rich aroma and color (cream or brown) is used in cooking.
- Refined cocoa butter is processed additionally to a stable form and is used in cosmetology as a basic component.
After filtration, light yellow oil is poured into molds where it freezes. The cocoa product melts at a temperature of 32-35 ° C, so it is convenient to store it at room temperature. In contact with the skin, the oil thaws - this makes it comfortable for cosmetology. In addition to cosmetology and cooking, the substance is used in the pharmaceutical industry.
Benefits and features
Cocoa butter is valuable both as a means for the health and beauty of the face and body, and as a unique superfood. It includes:
- vitamins A, C, B, E, F;
- amino acids essential for the body;
- theobromine, which is a natural antibiotic;
- minerals (iodine, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, chromium);
- fatty acids (stearic, linoleic, arachidonic, palmitic, linoleic, oleic, lauric).
What is useful butter, which is obtained from cocoa beans:
- tones up;
- strengthens hair;
- treats fungus and eczema;
- improves blood circulation;
- removes facial wrinkles;
- helps the nervous system;
- eliminates sagging and dry skin;
- reduces appetite, helping to lose weight;
- stimulates brain activity;
- fights viruses, burns and wounds;
- envelops, eliminates inflammation, relieves pain;
- eliminates postpartum stretch marks and nursing cracks.
The fatty acids contained in cocoa butter accelerate collagen synthesis and protect the skin from the effects of free radicals. Thus, your skin will remain fresh and taut, without wrinkles and inflammations.
Cocoa butter is not oxidized in air, it is chemically stable. It should be stored in a dark cool place for no more than 1 year.
Application and release form
Cocoa butter is produced in the form of a solid brittle creamy substance, packaged in a container, or in the form of wafers (cookies, flakes) with the addition of natural cane sugar).
Cocoa bean oil is used in:
- medicine - for suppositories, medical ointments and mixtures;
- cooking - for the manufacture of confectionery;
- perfumes - to create fragrances.
In cosmetology, cocoa butter is used to rejuvenate, heal and soften dry, flaky and fading skin of the face and body, as well as brittle and weak hair. It is most relevant during the cold season, when our skin suffers from dehydration. Oil makes the skin and hair elastic, healthy, nourishes with useful substances.
Cocoa butter is used for:
- body oils;
- air conditioners.
It can be added to ready-made tools or create your own. For example, the product can be lubricated lips before going out in the winter.
- For healthy strong hair, you can make masks by melting butter in a water bath and mixing 1: 1 with olive oil. Apply this mixture to your hair, hold for 20 minutes, rinse first with warm, then cool water.
- From a mixture of 2 tbsp. cocoa butter with liquid honey and oatmeal will get a mask for dry skin. Also useful will be a mask of 1 tsp. cocoa butter melted in a water bath and 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley. Keep the mask on the face for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water.
- From 1 tbsp. grape seed oil and aloe juice plus 1 tsp. Cocoa butter will come out anti-aging agent for the face and body. Apply the product along the massage lines, hold for 30 minutes, rinse with cool water.
- From wrinkles will help 1 tsp. melted cocoa butter, mixed with 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp. carrot juice and 10 drops of lemon. The mixture should be applied to the face, leave for 15 minutes, rinse with cool water and rub the skin with an ice cube.
Need a universal remedy for most cosmetic problems, which also gives tone and pleasant associations? Cocoa butter is what true gourmet needs, a supporter of health and beauty!