Calamus essential oil: properties and application
It has a strong, warm, woody-spicy aroma with a specific camphor note. Calamus oil is obtained by distillation with water vapor from the rhizomes of the marsh calamus (it is common calamus, reed calamus, oily root) - Acorus calamus L. (Araceae family - Aroids).
Main active ingredients: asarone and beta-asarone, azaronaldehyde, alpha-pinene, acorenone, borneol, alpha-ylangen, calamen, calamon, calamol, calameon, calamenol, calacon and calacoren, camphor and camphene, caryophyllene, linalool, alpha-terpenol, 1-terpinen-4-ol, eugenol and its derivatives (methyl-eugenol and methyl-isoeugenol), elemicin, iso-elemicin.
Matching: with cinnamon oil, patchouli oil, cedarwood oil, frankincense, as well as spicy, citrus and main oriental aromas.
Psycho-emotional action: Restores strength in case of nervous exhaustion and overload. Relieves stressful conditions.
- Recommended for oily skin care.
- Possesses bactericidal and healing properties.
- Has a tonic effect on the skin.
- Cleans the skin.
- Promotes smoothing of skin relief.
- Heals wounds.
- Promotes resorption of fresh scar tissue.
- Strengthens hair.
- Is a prophylactic agent against dandruff.
- Used in perfumery as a fixative.
- Antiseptic, bactericidal.
- Carminative and diaphoretic, expectorant, hypotensive.
- Stimulating, healing.
- Possesses antimicrobial activity against a number of microorganisms, in particular the association of microbes in the gingival canals in patients with periodontal disease, inhibits the growth of staphylococci, Escherichia, has a fungistatic effect.
- Anti-inflammatory, bronchodilator, antioxidant, antiviral and choleretic action.
- Sedative, hypotensive.
- Muscle relaxant.
- It has an analgesic effect for arthritis, neuralgia, joint and muscle pain.
- Normalizes the process of digestion and metabolism.
- Relieves headache, migraine, dizziness.
- Possesses antimicrobial activity against a number of microorganisms.
- Has a sedative, anticonvulsant, antiarrhythmic effect.
- It is used to increase the tone of the central nervous system in case of its depression, relieve nervous tension, improve vision and hearing, sexual arousal.
- Stimulates appetite and improves digestion.
- Apply essential oils to the skin only in a diluted form;
- observe the dosage of essential oils
- it is recommended to test the individual tolerance of the essential oil;
- Individual intolerance.
- Do not apply to mucous membranes.