Unique Mongongu oil and its characteristics
The oil has a balanced fatty acid composition. It has a high content of linoleic acid (49%), the total proportion of polyunsaturated fatty acids is 73%. The oil is also rich in natural antioxidants, alpha, delta and gamma tocopherols, which make up 560 mg / 100 g of seeds, which is responsible for the stability of the oil. The oil offers unique protection against UV radiation, for the care and hydration of the skin of the body. The fatty acid composition of Mongongo oil and the presence of zinc and copper in it make this oil an ideal natural hair care product (both behind the hair shaft and behind the scalp). No wonder in Zambia this oil is called "hair food" (food for hair).
From hair tips to fingertips. Mongongo tree gives your skin its experience of survival in harsh conditions.
Mongongo is a unique tree that grows in the arid regions of Africa, south of the Sahara and is especially good in the deep sands of the Kalahari desert. This is an amazingly hardy plant. It can survive a drought that will drag on for years, and also fight a large temperature difference. In Kalahari, temperatures can go from -5 ° C to 40 ° C in one day! But a truly unique feature is the unique composition of the resulting seed oil. It contains a large percentage of conjugated linolenic acid with three double bonds. The more double bonds in fatty acids that make up the oil, the more it is capable of polymerization, the better it “dries”. This makes the oil cure especially rapidly under UV light. Such a compound, by adding oxygen, is not inclined to form peroxides (does not initiate lipid peroxidation), due to which the resulting film contains less hydroxyl groups, which means that it is more water resistant. Thus, the film created by alpha-eleostearic acid is able to protect the skin and hair both from UV radiation and from any other environmental influences and bad weather.
Dosage as an ingredient -1-10%
The main properties of the oil
- Moisturizes, nourishes hair, nails, and skin with nutritious acids;
- Tones up, activates microcirculation;
- The anti-aging component in cosmetics for aging skin renews, softens, smoothes;
- Improves the condition of dehydrated, mature, flaky skin;
- Improves the appearance and texture of the skin;
- Eliminates the signs of photoaging, wilting of the skin;
- Soothes skin irritated by the sun and other factors;
- Promotes renewal of skin cells;
- It is a UV filter;
- Restores brittle dehydrated hair;
- Eliminates brittleness and exfoliation of nails.
Possible use in cosmetics
- Rich in vitamin E, the presence of a significant amount of zinc, magnesium and copper makes this oil appropriate for caring for problem skin and hair, for age-related dry skin and nail plate.
- As a highly stable oil, it also moisturizes and tones the skin.
- Used in products for body care, face skin.
- For dry, damaged and aging skin.
- The oil offers unique protection, quickly cures, creating a protective film against ultraviolet radiation and environmental pollution, for both skin and hair.
- It also provides increased hydration for normal and dry skin, reduces inflammation and redness, stimulating cell recovery.
- Used as an additive in sunscreens for the skin; in moisturizers for dry, dehydrated skin.
- Reduces irritation.
- In cosmetics for problem skin with acne and rosacea.
- Protects delicate lip skin from drying out.
- Suitable for making soap.
- As an additive in sunscreens hair products; for dull, dyed hair, after perming and all kinds of interventions to give a healthy shine and elasticity, protection from negative influences from the outside, in styling products (shampoos, balms, masks).
- In hair conditioners.
- Protective balms for nails.
- Appreciated by specialists as an additive to massage oils.