Beeswax (yellow) refers to the products of an organic (complex) compound and is obtained as a result of the vital activity of bees. These tireless toilers - bees - give us, in truth, a unique natural product that is widely used in the field of modern industrial and home cosmetology.
Yellow beeswax is a multicomponent substance with a honey aroma, but without taste. The structure is hard, brittle, fine-grained. The production method is a method of melting honeycombs without honey, followed by purification. Yellow wax dissolves well in hot alcohol and fats / oils, ether and paraffin.
The melting point is 65 ° C, the ductility of the wax is already achieved at a temperature of about 35 ° C.
The chemical composition includes up to about 50 complex compounds:
- fatty acids (free).
The recommended dosage in cosmetic formulations is 0.5-10%.
Currently, beeswax is especially popular in the manufacture of cosmetics at home. The highest demand for beeswax is precisely yellow in color due to the record content of vitamin A (carotene).
Indications for use:
- wounds / burns;
- dry / fading skin;
- non toxicity;
- biologically active;
- natural product;
- chemically / thermally stable (except for contact with alkali);
- structure-forming agent;
- excellent emollient;
- long shelf life (up to several years at 20-25 ° C).
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- moisturizes / softens;
- giving the skin smoothness / velvet;
- improves the general condition of the skin;
- gives hair shine, improves their structure;
- prevention of early skin aging;
- nourishes the scalp.
Recommendations for use for the production of home cosmetics:
- avoid contact of wax with certain types of cookware - copper / iron / cast iron;
- aluminum or enameled containers are considered suitable;
- for the sake of convenience, first grate the wax;
- dosage in cosmetics should not exceed 10%.
- massage tiles;
- nourishing creams;
- healing ointments;
- caring cosmetics for oily skin;
- protective cosmetics (from bad weather) (not higher than 1-1.5%);
- decorative cosmetics.