Squalane oil: beauty that is easily achievable
Squalane liquid oil of plant origin solves any problems of the skin of the face and body. However, it does not cause blockage of the pores and the appearance of comedogens. Want to get shining healthy skin without the hassle and cost? Squalane will help!
Origin and receipt
The substance squalene, on the basis of which squalane oil was made, was discovered by the Japanese scientist Mitsumaro Tsudzhimoto. The scientist isolated the substance from the liver of a rare deep-sea shark, which lives at a depth of 1000 meters, where there is very little oxygen and very high pressure. Shark liver (shark in Latin "squalus") contains a substance that actively carries oxygen. Squalene nourishes the cells with oxygen, resists tumors and aging. Without such a “superconductor,” a shark would not have survived in extreme conditions.
A more accessible source of squalene, which allows not to kill rare ocean dwellers, is unrefined olive oil of the first cold pressed. Olive oil contains the most squalene among known vegetable oils. For example, in comparison with corn oil, it contains 20 times more useful substance. Squalene is extracted from unrefined oil by the method of refining, collecting in distillate - from distillate its yield reaches 90%.
Squalane is a hydrogenated squalene. Due to the addition of hydrogen molecules, it remains stable and is actively used in the manufacture of anti-aging cosmetics.
Benefits and features
The human body also produces squalene, and the lack of this substance is one of the reasons for the loss of skin tone. In young skin, the concentration of squalene is quite high, and decreases rapidly with age. Therefore, without additional "infusion" with the help of cosmetics to cope with age-related changes.
The vegetable version of squalane is a universal product suitable for any skin type. This oil comprehensively cares for the face and body:
- Moisturizes and softens. The easy delicate texture is quickly absorbed, protects from dehydration, gives softness and tenderness. Suitable for the skin around the eyes.
- Heals and updates. It treats small wounds, irritations, cracks (including chapped lips), effectively restores the skin layer. Does not cause allergies, helps the epidermis to regenerate faster. Increases the protection of the skin from the aggressive environment and microtraumas.
- Eliminates inflammation. Fights against fungi, bacteria, rash, stimulates the body's production of antibodies. Prevents inflammation, increasing immunity.
- Heals hair and nails. Squalane soothes and softens the scalp, nourishes the hair follicles, eliminates itching and dryness, strengthens the hair structure, gluing its scales. Nails do not exfoliate, remain dense and durable.
- Fights with age. Penetrating into the deep skin layers, saturates them with oxygen, removes fine wrinkles and reduces deep, tightens the skin, improves its elasticity. Protects against cell-damaging free radicals. Accelerates the production of elastin and collagen.
- Matting and soothing. Oil regulates the production of sebum, eliminating oily shine, eliminates peeling and dry skin.
- Fights against skin diseases. It is used for psoriasis, acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Lightens pigmentation. Protecting from UV radiation, squalane oil eliminates unwanted pigmentation.
Oil contributes to the rapid transfer of biologically active substances in the deep skin layers. This feature helps to significantly improve the properties of any cream.
Squalane oil is identical in composition to natural skin fat, therefore it does not cause rejection and does not form a barrier (film) on the skin. It is non-toxic, safe for health in any proportion, does not cause the appearance of comedogens.
Application and release form
Squalane oil looks like a colorless, odorless, transparent liquid with a delicate texture without excessive oiliness. Available in pure form, is added to the composition of various cosmetics:
- balms and lotions;
- massage and bath oils;
- masks for face, body and hair;
- protective equipment before, for and after tanning.
In industrial cosmetics, the proportion of squalane in the composition of cosmetics reaches 15%. Such cosmetics can be stored without special restrictions even in the open state - the substance squalane is resistant to oxidation and temperature extremes.
At home, squalane oil can:
- add to creams, shampoos and other care and detergents;
- apply clean to hair, nails, faces, neck and décolleté.
For the treatment of the face is enough 1 large drop of oil. After 20-30 minutes of exposure, it should be washed off with a tonic for makeup removal or simply with warm water.