Frankincense: the number one essential oil
Each essential oil has its own advantages and scope, but some of them seem almost a panacea - so versatile their use and beneficial effect on a variety of body systems. And number 1 in the list of such super-useful essential oils is frankincense oil. This is explained not only by its versatility, but also by a strong, expressive effect: where another essential oil helps only a little, frankincense gives a truly tangible result.
Frankincense essential oil is obtained from the resin of the frankincense tree - and has been doing so since ancient times, when the resin was used in a variety of qualities, from incense for religious rituals to a medicinal ingredient. That is, the beneficial properties of incense were so obvious that throughout the history of mankind, this substance has always found a worthy place.
Frankincense essential oil contains components that determine its special properties, among them terpenes, dipentene, camphenes, frankincense, polyphenols, sesquiterpenes, limonene, pinene, etc. It is distinguished by this oil and aroma - very thick, rich, woody-spicy, balsamic, "warm" and sweetish, at the same time soft and exciting, juicy. Thanks to its expressive aroma, frankincense essential oil is widely used in perfumery: it is believed that in addition to the smell, its presence in the composition gives the final aroma completeness and harmony.
Using Frankincense essential oil
- Respiratory system. Frankincense essential oil has the strongest and most noticeable effect on the respiratory system. Inflammatory processes in the lungs and bronchi, runny nose, chronic and acute cough, shortness of breath, asthma and any disorders associated with a deterioration in respiratory function - all such diseases can be prevented and improved when using frankincense essential oil. Frankincense is best used for hot and cold inhalation, which requires just 1 drop of frankincense essential oil. One inhalation treatment session should last 5-7 minutes. Also, inhalation with frankincense essential oil is very good for the prevention of any respiratory disorders, for example, for people prone to frequent colds, pneumonia and bronchial inflammation, as well as those suffering from asthma.
- Massotherapy. Massage with frankincense essential oil perfectly helps with sore joints, arthritis, muscle strain, during the recovery period after muscle and joint injuries, for lymphatic drainage purposes. Frankincense helps with painful periods just as well: it is enough to easily massage the lower abdomen several times a day with a mixture of transport oil and incense oil. To make incense massage oil, mix 15 ml of vegetable oil (almond, olive, hazelnut, etc.) and 5 drops of frankincense essential oil. The mixture is ready to use. By the way, since frankincense also has healing properties, gentle massage with the above mixture can seriously help if scars, minor injuries and injuries heal too slowly.
- Preventive baths. The sea salt bath enriched with frankincense essential oil is an excellent natural remedy for strengthening the whole body, relieving cramps and improving blood circulation. Put 5-6 drops of frankincense oil in 100 g of salt, and then dissolve the salt in a warm bath. Such a bath 1-2 times a week will not only relax psychologically, but will also have a beneficial effect on joints, muscle tone, body skin condition, and prevent the development of colds in the cold season.
- Frankincense in cosmetology. As in all other respects, frankincense essential oil shows versatility here too: for owners of oily, problem skin, it helps to cope with inflammation and acne, and for those who suffer from dryness and sluggishness of the skin, it gives the opportunity to tighten, tone, "revive", make it more elastic and youthful in appearance. In addition, frankincense is often added to treatments for dermatological conditions, from eczema to psoriasis to rashes. Frankincense essential oil can be added to a natural base (cream without adding synthetic ingredients) - at the rate of 3-4 drops per 10 ml, or it can be mixed with oils and other essential oils for making homemade masks. In this case, you will need 1 tablespoon of base oil (sweet almond, jojoba, etc.), 2 drops of frankincense essential oil - and other essential oils as needed (for example, lavender oil will work if you need to soothe irritated skin, and neroli oil - if you want to soften dry skin).
- Frankincense essential oil for hair care is suitable for almost everyone: on the one hand, it stimulates hair growth, on the other, strengthens brittle and thin hair, but also restores natural shine and strength to hair that seems healthy, but does not look impressive. To do this, it is best to add frankincense essential oil to a natural base (natural, without sulfates, silicones and parabens, shampoo or conditioner, mask): 2 drops are enough per serving of the product. Just add frankincense oil to your natural shampoo all the time - and after a few weeks of use, you will feel a difference in the condition and appearance of your hair.