The composition of unrefined jojoba butter is unique. Complex amino acids, healthy fats, proteins and “vitamin of beauty” E form a composition that has been successfully used in cosmetology for centuries. This butter copes with a complex of problems of the skin, hair, nails, eyebrows, eyelashes and lips.
Origin and receipt
Unrefined jojoba butter is obtained from the fruits of Simmondsia Chinensis shrub. This shrub grows in arid areas of the United States and South America. Now this plant is cultivated in Israel, Australia, Egypt and China - countries with suitable climatic zones.
The first description of the butter appeared in the 17th century, shortly after the discovery of America. Europeans have discovered that the properties of this product resemble the effects of sperm whale fat. Now it was not necessary to send flotilla to risky swimming and kill rare animals.
Jojoba butter is of two types - refined and unrefined. Unrefined butter is obtained by squeezing nuts in a cold way, without heat treatment. This butter is valued more - it retains the maximum healing properties. In fact, it is a liquid wax - nuts contain more than 50% wax. Jojoba has a rich golden color, light specific smell and viscous consistency. Properties can be expressed weaker or stronger due to the cold method of spinning.
Benefits and features
Unrefined jojoba butter has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and nutritional properties. It includes:
- vitamin E;
- liquid esters;
- collagen fibers;
- alcohols: eicogen, tetrakozenoic, docosahexoen;
- amino acids: erucic, behenic, oleic, palmitic, gadoleic, nerve, palmitoleic.
Due to the presence in the composition of liquid esters, jojoba butter is close in properties to the sebum. This allows him to reliably protect the skin and hair without damaging them, without causing irritations and allergies, allowing the body to breathe. The butter is easily absorbed, leaving no film, saturates the cells with biologically active elements.
A high concentration of vitamin E makes the product an excellent antioxidant, a remedy for inflammation that helps tissue healing in a short time.
Benefits of unrefined jojoba butter:
- heals wounds;
- easily absorbed;
- moisturizes and nourishes the cells;
- does not allow cellular moisture to be lost;
- normalizes sebum secretion;
- protects hair and skin from UV radiation;
- reduces acne, treats eczema, psoriasis;
- quickly and clean removes waterproof cosmetics;
- suitable for dry, normal and oily skin types;
- fights age-related changes due to vitamin E;
- smoothes wrinkles thanks to collagen-like protein;
Even unrefined butter is stored for quite a long time - if it is poured into a bottle of dark glass, it will not faint within 1-2 years. Recommendation: keep the jojoba in the refrigerator for reliability.
Application and release form
Unrefined jojoba butter is used in cosmetology and pharmaceuticals. As part of special means, it is able to cure a number of skin diseases (neurodermatitis, eczema, psoriasis), help the rapid healing of ulcers, wounds and erosions. Layered nails, falling eyelashes, brittle hair - butter solves all these problems.
In cosmetology, butter is used to care for the body and hair. It can be found in ready-made cosmetics:
- shaving gels;
- means for massage;
- creams for the face, lips, body, hands;
- means for protection from the sun;
- shampoos, conditioners, hair balsams;
- care products with body, hands, nails, feet.
Unrefined jojoba butter in cosmetology is used for:
- nail care;
- thick eyelashes and eyebrows;
- giving the skin a fresh color;
- skin care after shaving and bath;
- eliminate wrinkles on the face, around the lips and eyes;
- lip care, dryness and cracking;
- removal of manifestations of fatigue, flabbiness, puffiness;
- fight against acne, cracks, microtraumas;
- hair care (especially painted, dry, brittle, split ends);
- rapid absorption of vitamin D by the skin and production of melanin when tanning;
- skin care of any type (especially dry, sensitive and fading);
- elimination of stretch marks, colloidal scars, cellulite, a tendency to obesity.
It is important: so that the skin does not appear butter shine, use no more than 6 drops of jojoba butter per day.
The substance is often used in children's cosmetics - it is quickly absorbed by the skin, not soiling clothes, reliably protects against aggressive external factors, moisturizes.
With unrefined jojoba butter, you can also make homemade cosmetics by mixing with any essential oils. You can also add it to the finished products (no more than 10% of the total).