It is used as an active additive in liquid, pasty, detergents, washing and cleaning products. Has good foaming and cleaning properties, increases viscosity.
Cocamidopropyl betaine is a very popular ingredient in foaming cosmetic products and is characterized by its remarkable ability to remove oil from the hair roots and scalp.
Benefits for the face
Reduces the surface tension of cosmetic products, allowing you to more effectively cleanse the skin.
Benefits for hair
Possesses good cleansing and foaming properties. It has conditioning and antistatic properties for hair. Creates special effects on the hair.
Benefits for the body
Compared to the more aggressive anionic surfactants, amphoteric cocamidopropyl betaine itself has less skin irritation potential.
Therefore, it is readily used in children's cosmetics, toothpastes, dental elixirs and gels for intimate hygiene.
In addition, its addition as a secondary surfactant to anionic surfactants can reduce their irritant potential, reduce the degreasing effect and improve the viscosity of the final product.
Properties Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic / cationic / nonionic surfactants
- mild auxiliary surfactant that does not irritate the skin - one of the safest
- Auxiliary surfactants include amphoteric, nonionic and cationic substances. They are necessary in shampoo formulations to increase the compatibility of basic (anionic) surfactants with skin and hair, increase foaming properties, regulate viscosity, and reduce the degreasing effect.
- Amphoteric surfactant.
- Reduces the irritating effect of other surfactants
- In combination with anionic surfactants, it becomes a thickener, improves foaming ability and increases the harmlessness of formulations
- Possesses good cleansing and foaming properties
- Has air conditioning and antistatic properties
- used in bio-cosmetics
- mild cleaner, used in combination with stronger surfactants
- prevents the formation of a static electric charge in the hair.
- conditioning agent to make it easier to comb dry and damp hair.
- Provides pleasant cleansing, lathering and good hair and skin care.
- compatible with all types of surfactants (surfactants), can be used as the main surfactant;
- foam stabilizer
- Its combination with anionic surfactants leads to a significant improvement in the dermatological qualities of the final product.
- Can be used as the main surfactant
Areas of use Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- liquid soap,
- cleansers for baby skin,
- cleansing creams and face gels,
- hair conditioners,
- conditioners for hair
- suitable for use in compositions for washing, cosmetics, foaming compositions.
- It is used as an active additive in liquid, pasty, detergents, washing and cleaning agents.
- Has good foaming and cleaning properties, increases viscosity.
- shower gels
- bath foam
- cleansing lotions for the face
- hand soap
- cleansers for children
- tooth powders
- additive to liquid and solid soaps. Improves their application properties.
- can be used both in formulations that do not contain additional surfactants, and with the latter.