Pecan oil: sweet health for the whole body
The closest relative of walnut, pecan is widely used in cooking and cosmetology. Do you want to cook a delicious salad or meat, improve your hair and skin? Pecan oil is capable of anything!
Origin and receipt
Pecan tree grows in North America, Central Asia, the Crimea and the Caucasus. This powerful tree reaches 40 m in height, has extremely durable wood and pleases humanity with tasty and healthy nuts. The main producer of pecans is the United States, where this nut is considered an indispensable component of many dishes and beauty secrets.
In appearance and taste, the pecan nut resembles a walnut “relative”, but its kernels are softer and more appetizing. Kernels contain much more fat than other nuts - the fat content in them reaches 71% (in walnut 61%). A handful of nuts or a couple of spoons of butter from them for energy value replaces lunch or the daily rate of fat.
They harvest pecan nuts starting in October and extract oil in two ways: cold pressing (to preserve the unique properties of the plant) or pressing with additional purification (for long storage). The substance obtained is distinguished by a golden hue, a pleasant aroma, and in taste and utility it is comparable to olive oil.
Benefits and features
Pecan squeeze contains many valuable components: vitamins A, PP, K. groups C and B, E; the minerals calcium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium; fatty acid:
In addition, pecans are rich in mono-, poly- and disaccharides, dietary fibers and essential acids. It contains antioxidants lutein and beta-carotene. The product affects the human body as a means to:
- pain relief;
- wound healing;
- fight against viruses, inflammations, problems of the heart and blood vessels.
The use of pecan mass externally relieves inflammation, hematomas, treats sunburn, fungal infections, varicose veins, insect bites. Pecan oil is used internally to improve metabolism, eliminate headaches, anemia, arthritis, arthrosis, strengthen the immune system, as a prevention of cancer.
Useful properties of pecan oil:
- normalizes vision;
- prevents atherosclerosis;
- improves the quality of intimate life;
- cares for the skin. nails, hair;
- slows down the aging process of the body;
- reduces the number of wrinkles and stretch marks;
- reduces the risk of cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases.
Important: Be careful with the use of pecan oil in food. A high percentage of fat makes this product undesirable for people with overweight, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder.
Application and release form
Pecan oil is available in two forms - unrefined and refined. Unrefined oil is produced by pressing, preserving natural features, and refined undergoes additional processes of purification and stabilization - this allows you to keep the product longer, but deprives a number of useful qualities.
In cooking, universal pecan oil is used for dressing salads, baking, cooking fish, meat, vegetables, rice. In alternative medicine, pecan oil is a remedy for dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
In cosmetology, American walnut oil is used in the composition:
- mixtures for massage;
- shampoos and balms;
- bath and shower products;
- moisturizers and masks;
- nutritional creams for face and body;
- serums for dry and fading skin;
- sunscreen cosmetics and after-sun products.
The popularity of pecan oil in cosmetology is due to its nourishing, moisturizing and rejuvenating properties. Means is used for:
- Face and neck. To get rid of skin laxity, wrinkles, peeling, inflammation, mix 5 ml of oil with 1 tsp. liquid honey and starch, add 3 drops of lemon juice and 1 egg white for oily skin, or 1 yolk for dry. Apply a mixture of face and neck, after 20 minutes, rinse alternately with warm and cold water, lubricate with moisturizer.
- The body. For massage, you can use a mixture of oils of pecan, rosemary or lavender.
- Nail. At 1 tbsp. Add 2 drops of ylang-ylang and lemon oil in pecan oil.
- Hair. Spread the hair with a mixture of 1 chicken egg. 1 tsp liquid medai 2 tsp pecan butter, wrap the head with a heated towel. After 40 minutes, wash your hair.
The oil, which is made from pecan, will help to improve your body, refresh your appearance, restore health to your skin, nails, hair. Use this priceless pantry of health and beauty!