Your shopping cart is empty!
Base oils are widely used in modern cosmetology and other fields.
Base oils are extracted by pressing, extraction, or by chemical extraction of plant materials, that is, those parts of plants that contain the largest amount of fat, for example from seeds, seeds, nuts. Oils obtained by any of the above methods are refined.
Base oils are very often used in soap making, in the production of various cosmetics for the care of body skin, face, hair and in the manufacture of massage oils.
Cosmetic base oil has various beneficial properties.
The oil consists of approximately 95% of mixtures of triglycerides of higher fatty acids, the remaining 5% are trace elements, minerals and vitamins.
Each of the oils has a unique composition. Here are the most commonly used base oils that are most commonly used:
And this is not the whole list of base oils.
Base oils are good for all skin types. Whether dry, sensitive or oily. And which oil is ideal for your type, we will tell below.
Basic cosmetic oils for different skin types
The human body constantly needs fatty acids, a lack of this substance causes peeling of the skin, a feeling of tightness, itching. Oils help maintain moisture, protect the skin from external negative influences and enrich it with useful substances.
The following oils are suitable for dry, sensitive and dehydrated skin: peanut, argan, macadamia, olive and avocado oil.
For oily and combined, the best option will be oils: grape seed, St. John's wort, black cumin and jojoba.
For all skin types, oils are suitable: walnut, jojoba, calendula, wheat germ, almond and others.
How is Carrier Oils different from essential oil?
Base oil differs from essential oil in that the former is more oily and dense. Most often, base oils do not have a pronounced aroma.
Base oil can be used as an independent tool, as well as a base in the manufacture of various cosmetic products, such as: ointments, masks, creams.
Often, the base is mixed with ethers, while both types of oils do not lose useful properties: on the contrary, they are summarized.
Essential oil is a concentrate of active volatile substances. Esters are obtained from leaves and other parts of plants. This oil does not contain fatty acids. And its certain feature is a rich aroma. Therefore, in natural cosmetics, esters are often used as natural flavors. In addition to aroma, a large number of biologically active components are present in essential oil.