Black cumin oil: properties and uses
Experts have found that it helps to cure many diseases. Therefore, today it is used in medicine, in cosmetology (for skin and hair care) and in dietetics. However, like many other similar products, black seed oil is beneficial and harmful. Therefore, carefully read the recommendations of our nutritionist.
The benefits of black seed oil
The wonderful properties are based on the rich composition:
- 15 amino acids, 8 of which are indispensable for the body.
- arginine - stimulates the immune system and slows down the growth of tumors.
- carotenoids - precursors of vitamin A.
- vitamin C and B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9.
- potassium, sodium, calcium, manganese, iron, copper, selenium, zinc, phosphorus.
- phospholipids, phytosterols, flavanides, alkaloids, enzymes.
This is one of the most useful vegetable oils also because it is dominated by Omega-6 linoleic acid and Omega-9 oleic acid. The content of linolenic acid Omega-3 is insignificant, it is important to take this into account when drawing up a diet.
Essential fatty acids are needed by the body, but it cannot synthesize them on its own. They are important for the immune system, metabolism.
Properties and uses of black cumin oil
- It has a stimulating effect on the thymus gland, which is responsible for the natural functioning of the immune system.
- Normalizes the functioning of the central nervous system, improves memory, works as an antidepressant, helps fight apathy, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and many other diseases.
- Copes with infections, colds, diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- Has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, gastric motility, helps to fight diarrhea, flatulence. Promotes the normalization of the microflora of the intestinal tract, has a choleretic effect.
- Effective in combating allergies. By stimulating the immune system, it stabilizes the reaction of the immune system of allergy sufferers.
- Useful for the genitourinary system due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. It has diuretic properties. Helps with urolithiasis, if the stones are small. But it cannot be taken if the stones are large.
- Helps people with diabetes because it regulates blood insulin levels. Prevents the occurrence of diseases of the first and second types. It is believed that the action is almost similar to metformins, drugs that are prescribed in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, they improve the absorption of glucose. At the same time, the oil does not have the side effects that occur when taking drugs of this group.
- Normalizes liver function, because it removes toxins and toxins from the body.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that preserves youth and beauty.
- Improves the condition of hair, skin and nails. Effective in the treatment of acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, herpes due to anti-inflammatory bactericidal, antifungal, antiviral action. Take it orally and apply locally to the problem (or as part of homemade masks).
- Improves skin regeneration by stimulating the production of its own collagen, heals wounds, improves elasticity.
- Stabilizes weight - reduces appetite, blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Individual intolerance.
- Pregnancy. The product may cause uterine contractions.
- Gastritis in acute form. But it is very useful for preventing disease and treating remission.
- Large stones in the kidneys, gall bladder - it can cause them to move.
- In the case of organ transplantation, as it may cause the body to reject "foreign" bodies.
- Systemic diseases (eg lupus erythematosus). In this case, strengthening the immune system can be dangerous.
- Acute diseases of the cardiovascular system. But it is recommended in the stage of remission and for prophylaxis.