Fennel is one of the most unusual inhabitants of vegetable stalls. Juicy, fresh heads of this amazing plant are actively used for the preparation of salads and side dishes, and the deliciously fragrant, with notes of anise greens - as a spicy supplement. But initially fennel was considered not as a nutritious plant: this fashion arose only with the birth of a new haute cuisine, but as a medicinal and even magical plant.
Today, fennel is actively used not only in cooking and medicine, but also for the production of a unique essential oil, which is considered one of the most active and most effectively and quickly affecting the skin condition.
Characteristics of Fennel Essential Oil
Aromatic oil from succulent stems, openwork leaves and numerous fennel seeds, which are processed together with dill-like umbrellas of inflorescences, is obtained by steam distillation, like most essential oils of plant origin.
Externally, fennel oil is almost colorless with a possible variation in light yellow color. It is perfectly preserved without changing its healing properties for several years.
The aroma of this oil is also unique - sweet, but not as sugary and intrusive as anise, the base is combined with light fresh and pepper notes. The complementary oils for fennel are the essential oils of bitter orange, rosewood, lemon balm, verbena, lemongrass, lavender, peppermint and sandalwood.
The healing properties of essential oil
- This is one of the most active diuretic oils, which helps to cope with edema of various origins, including overweight or impaired renal function, and also relieves inflammation in all infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, urethritis and cystitis. As a preventive measure, fennel oil prevents the formation of sand and stones in the kidneys and bladder.
- Fennel reduces appetite, but this is not its only beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract: by stimulating digestion, it effectively activates food digestion when overeating or excessive consumption of fats, tones smooth muscles, relieves nausea, indigestion, hiccups, colic and flatulence.
- The unique property of fennel essential oil is the neutralization of toxins in alcohol poisoning. Fennel oil not only alleviates the symptoms of poisoning, but also acts as an antidote to nicotine and alcohol, and neutralizes carcinogens.
- It also has the same neutralizing effect on inflammation in arthritis and gout.
- The calming, normalizing effect of fennel is also manifested when using essential oil to treat bronchitis and asthma.
- One of the most ancient uses of fennel oil is the normalization of the female reproductive system. Fennel has a beneficial effect on menstrual irregularities, including alleviating the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause, relieves the unpleasant effects of hormonal changes, restores the natural level of hormones, and increases lactation in young mothers.
- Relieves inflammation and even stops bleeding in the oral cavity, effectively combating periodontal disease and gingivitis.
Application in cosmetology
In the cosmetic sphere, the properties of fennel oil, which tighten and restore skin tone, are used no less actively than the lipolytic function of normalizing lymphatic metabolism. This is one of those oils that help restore, tighten or shape the contours of the body and face.
Thanks to fennel oil, the elasticity and tone of the skin on the abdomen, bust, hips increase, the skin returns its elasticity and firmness. Actively use this essential oil in the fight against cellulite and to restore the beauty of the skin after losing weight.
As well as sagging skin, this aromatic oil also affects wrinkles, smoothing and smoothing the epidermis. At the same time, fennel also evens out the complexion, returning to its natural color. This essential oil is not only suitable for mature skin care: it helps even out color and solve many problems, including the problem of acne on young, problem skin.
Contraindications and dosages
Fennel aroma oil is active, so it is used only after an individual sensitivity test. It is categorically not to be used by pregnant women, in work with children under 6 years old, as well as people prone to high blood pressure and suffering from epilepsy.
When applied directly to the skin, it tingles within a few minutes.
- For aroma lamps use up to 4 drops of fennel oil per room.
- To improve the characteristics of cosmetics, add up to 9 drops of aromatic oil per 15 grams of base, but for massage - only up to 7.
- Aroma baths with fennel oil should not be hot, with no more than 6 drops of essential oil diluted in an emulsifier.
- Fennel oil is also used in cold compresses along with jojoba oil, avocado or macadamia oil, adding 7 drops of fennel to a tablespoon and soaking with gauze napkins.
👍 New items in the category
💯 Bestsellers in the category
✅ Most popular products in the category