Thistle properties, benefits, features of application
Thistle is a prickly plant with bright pink flowers, it is quite common, but thistle products are not widely available in the mass market, and in vain. Thistle oils are rich in vitamins E, D, K, F and omega 6 and omega 9 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
The cold-pressing technology allows to keep all useful micronutrients at production of oil, and means the maximum efficiency of a product for health and beauty.
Medicinal properties of milk thistle oil:
- helps to eliminate inflammatory processes;
- has a pronounced immunomodulatory and antioxidant effect;
- helps maintain optimal hormonal balance in women;
- recommended during rehabilitation after radiation and chemotherapy;
- useful for people living in environmentally unfavorable areas;
- recommended for those whose work is associated with the action of toxic substances;
- helps to correct disorders of lipid metabolism.
Thistle for weight loss
Many diets aimed at weight loss include herbal remedies.
Thistle is an excellent natural remedy for those who strive for slimness and health. It helps fight overeating by reducing appetite, improves digestion and normalizes metabolism, including lipid metabolism. These properties help to get rid of excess weight without taking aggressive synthetic fat burners. However, it is important to understand that milk thistle oil alone will not give the expected effect - you need a comprehensive approach to diet and regular exercise.
The use of milk thistle oil in cosmetology
Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, bactericidal and regenerating properties of thistle allow you to use the oil from the seeds of this plant to solve several cosmetic problems:
- Vitamins K and F saturate cells with oxygen, maintain the hydro- and lipid balance of the skin.
- B vitamins maintain the elasticity and healthy glow of the skin.
- Tocopherol and retinol heal microdamages of the epidermis and prevent premature aging.
- Minerals - zinc, selenium, copper, magnesium, iron, iodine, and manganese - promote the formation of elastin and collagen.
You should use milk thistle oil if you are familiar with at least one of these problems:
- increased oiliness of the skin;
- tendency to edema;
- excessive dryness and sensitivity of the skin.
For active facial skin care, add milk thistle oil to masks and scrubs, apply in its pure form, but do not forget to clean the face with micellar water or lotion after 6-8 hours.
Contraindications to use
Despite the great benefits of the product, it cannot be recommended for use during pregnancy. Thistle can affect the gestation process, provoking premature birth. However, in some cases, experts approve of taking the healing oil in small quantities - for some women it helps to cope with toxicosis. Only the attending physician will be able to determine how dangerous the product is in each case. It is worth refraining from taking the product during breastfeeding - at least for the first 4 months.
It is strongly recommended not to give oil to children under 2 years of age. You can start taking the product only after the child is 12 years old - the risk of an allergic reaction in this case is minimal. Regardless of the age of the baby, before you introduce a new product in his diet, you need to get the approval of a pediatrician.