Orange essential oil is made from orange peel by cold pressing and subsequent steam distillation. It is an oily flowing liquid of a beautiful orange or yellow-orange hue with a characteristic citrus aroma.
Natural orange oil has a very wide range of uses: from aromatherapy to medical applications. If we talk about the treatment and healing of the skin, then this product can significantly improve the condition of the epidermis and eliminate most
Orange Oil: Skin Benefits
First of all, it perfectly manifests itself in caring for dry, dehydrated, rough and peeling skin. The use of aromatic oils helps to moisturize and soften the epidermis, preserves the optimum moisture level in it, and also accelerates the natural processes of renewal.
In addition, orange essential oil is indispensable for skin that is losing elasticity and tone. Due to its composition, the product fills the deficiency of collagen - it is he who is responsible for maintaining the elasticity of the skin. Also, the product allows for a short time to even out the overall relief of the face, eliminate shallow wrinkles, make the contours more toned.
Equally effective is the use of orange essential oil to care for oily skin. It slows down the formation of sebum, significantly tightens pores and perfectly cleanses the skin.
Due to its antibacterial properties, the product is often used to treat acne, acne and other rashes on problem skin types.
And finally, citrus oil has good whitening properties. It is used to make age spots, freckles or just lighten the face less noticeable.
- Orange essential oil is suitable for hair and skin care of all types.
- Gives skin elasticity.
- Regenerates, moisturizes and retains moisture in dry skin.
- Relieves muscle tension.
- Helps reduce wrinkles.
- Has a whitening effect.
- Removes toxins from the skin, softens rough skin.
- Cleans and tightens pores.
- Normalizes oily skin.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Has good anti-cellulite properties.
- Reduces edema.
- A powerful anti-dandruff remedy, non-replaceable for dry hair.
Scope of application
- Solid and liquid soaps.
- Shower gels.
- Foams and bath bombs.
- Shampoos and conditioners.
- Massage mixes.
- Anti-cellulite cosmetics.
Orange oil is a psychologically warming essential oil. Warm and such a soft aroma of orange oil belongs to the tonic odors that help improve mood and emotional state, relieve fatigue, get rid of anxiety, sleep disturbances, internal discomfort, anxiety, nervousness, sadness.
For medical purposes, orange essential oil is used to treat bleeding and inflammation in the oral cavity, for obesity and cellulite, edema and fluid retention, acute respiratory diseases, and blood circulation disorders.
The therapeutic effect of the use of essential oil is also manifested in the relief of muscle, joint, menstrual pain, neuralgia and headaches.
In addition to the cosmetic effect, orange aromatic oil has another useful property - it perfectly eliminates unpleasant odors in the house, while also disinfecting the air and increasing efficiency. At the same time, both traditional aroma lamp and simpler means can be used to flavor rooms.
The standard dosage for a room with an area of 20 square meters is 5 drops of oil, which can be added to the water in an aroma lamp or simply applied to a sachet or napkin placed on the heater.
Contraindications and dosages
Before using orange essential oil, you should definitely conduct a sensitivity test by applying a drop of oil to the delicate skin behind the ear or on the bend of the elbow for several hours.
This essential oil belongs to the group of phototoxic substances, so it should be applied with caution to the skin on sunny days. Carefully apply this oil to pregnant women, as well as to everyone who suffers from epilepsy, allergies to citrus fruits, hypotension, and gallstone disease.
- The standard dosage for improving the quality of cosmetics - creams, tonics, milk, lotions - 5 drops of essential oil for every 15 grams of cosmetic base. The resulting formulations are best used for normal, sensitive or dry skin, while for oily skin it is better to prepare a mixture of orange oil with naioli and juniper (2: 1: 1) as an additive.
- The same dosage - 5 drops of aromatic oil - is also used to make deliciously relaxing and restoring the strength of aromatic baths (after dissolving the essential oil in honey or milk).
- For aroma massage, 2-3 drops of orange oil are mixed with vegetable oil or a special relaxing massage cream.
- For rinsing or compresses it is necessary to apply the oil more carefully - no more than 1 drop per glass of water.
- Use orange oil for internal use, adding a drop of oil to a glass of tea or juice no more than 2 times a day.
- As a dietary supplement, orange oil is used in the preparation of drinks and sauces, baking.