Properties and uses of patchouli oil
Patchouli is a traditional medicinal plant found in the countries of Southeast Asia. It is most commonly used to treat skin conditions, as a natural antidote for insect bites, and as an effective body and hair care product.
In Europe, this plant became popular in the Middle Ages. It was then that the smell of patchouli began to be actively used in aromatherapy and perfumery. Patchouli essential oil has a pungent, yet pungent and warm scent, combining smoky and earthy notes, as well as a hint of oriental spices.
Patchouli oil properties
The plant is a short shrub, distributed mainly in India, Burma, China and Sumatra. Let's list its valuable medicinal properties:
- Toning. The aroma of patchouli has a general invigorating effect on the body, relieves nervousness and tension, helps to overcome stress, and also enhances brain activity.
- Antiseptic. The active composition of aromatic oil enhances immunity and effectively kills viruses, bacteria and even fungus.
- Anti-inflammatory. The use of patchouli oil for acute respiratory viral infections and various colds is widespread - it has a pronounced antipyretic and healing effect.
- Wound healing. The components in the essential oil of patchouli instantly dry out the damaged skin surface, disinfect and accelerate the regenerative processes.
- Insecticidal. The scent of patchouli effectively repels insects.
The use of patchouli oil in cosmetology
Among other things, patchouli is a popular ingredient in cosmetics for skin, body and hair care.
- The antibacterial properties of patchouli oil are used to treat irritations, allergic rashes, acne, eczema, as well as inflammation and cracks in the skin.
- It is recommended to use patchouli to slow down age-related changes in the epidermis. The oil has a regenerating effect, naturally renews cells and improves skin elasticity.
- Patchouli essential oil is a good remedy for combating skin irregularities and cellulite. Thanks to its tightening and firming action, it helps to get rid of the ugly "orange peel", tighten the skin and tone the buttocks and abdomen.
- In addition, the product is often used to add shine and vitality to hair. It helps to get rid of dandruff in a short time and significantly accelerate hair growth.
👍 New items in the category
💯 Bestsellers in the category
✅ Most popular products in the category