Raspberry seed oil in cosmetology: useful properties
Raspberry seed oil in cosmetology. The most correct official formulation of the name of this oil is “wild raspberry seed oil”. More often it is called "raspberry seed oil".
The oil is made from the seeds of wild (forest) raspberries - a perennial semi-shrub berry culture from the rose family. Wild raspberries are found in Europe, Asia, South and North America. Raspberry fruit consists of 20-30 or more drupes.
These seed pits are highly viable. The duration of their storage in soil is calculated in tens of years. The content of fatty oil in wild raspberry pits is 25%. The only method of obtaining oil is cold pressing of peeled and dried seeds of ripe wild raspberries. This oil has a bright sunny yellow or light orange color with golden hints and an enchanting sweet scent.
The use of raspberry seed oil in cosmetology
Raspberries have been known since ancient Greece. Not only its fruits were used, but also the leaves and stems for medicinal teas. In ancient Russia, raspberries were the primary remedy for colds. Raspberry fruits are most often crimson-red, but there are yellow, white and even black raspberries. Raspberries taste great and have a very pleasant aroma. They are used for syrups, preserves, jellies, jams, as well as for the preparation of various culinary delights.
Raspberry seed oil is widely used in cosmetology. It is used by:
- in pure form and in mixtures with other vegetable base oils from 10 to 90% as a healing agent (after burns, operations, various wounds) and various healing ointments
- in the role of massage oil
- As additives from 10 to 50% for the creation of cosmetics (tonics, creams, lip balms, sunscreens), etc.
- in homemade face and hair masks, as one of the best base oils
- As a preservative for other oils (the oil itself is stored without conservatives for at least 2 years, but after opening the container it must be stored in the refrigerator)
- For scalp, hair and nail care
Raspberry seed oil properties
The special value of raspberry seed oil is its vitamin, mineral and acid composition. This oil contains:
- fatty acids of the class Omega-3 and Omega-6, which have the most valuable antioxidant properties
- organic active acids (linolenic, arachidic, palmitic, oleic, stearic, etc.)
- provitamin A (carotene), the optimal ratio of vitamins B1, B2, E, C, PP
- active and easily assimilated forms of copper, potassium, iron.
This concentration of active beneficial ingredients is not repeated in any of the berry oils.
Raspberry seed oil is one of the most persistent and stable base oils. It combines lightness and good nutritional properties with excellent protective properties. Currently, this oil is one of the rare bases suitable for use in the hot season. This oil does not leave any visible trace on the skin, is evenly distributed, absorbed very quickly, does not create protective and greasy films. Forest raspberry seed oil has no contraindications for use and precautions, with the exception of limiting its concentration in sunscreens to 50% in mixtures with other bases.
Cosmetic properties of raspberry seed oil
- Raspberry seed oil is absolutely non-aggressive, suitable for all types of skin care (flaky, irritated, damaged, cracked, oily and especially sensitive)
- Is an indispensable tool for improving the condition of the epidermis
- nourishes and moisturizes the skin, retains moisture in it, strengthens it and regenerates
- has a quick smoothing effect on the texture of the skin, even a single application noticeably increases its softness and elasticity
- Capable of binding free radicals and preventing skin diseases
- Improves blood circulation, stimulates cell renewal, which prevents age-related changes and premature aging of the skin
- provides natural protection of the skin from ultraviolet rays, without depriving it of an even tan
- Soothes the skin after exfoliation and other treatments
- has a strong anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect, restores facial skin tone
- Cleanses the skin of the face from blackheads, acne, blackheads and gives it a beautiful color and a healthy look.