Uses and properties of Meadowfoam oil
Regardless of gender - male or female, modern people are now paying more and more interest in their appearance. This is because many of the beauty products available on the market promise amazing anti-aging effects that desperate consumers are relentlessly seeking. The only result they want to achieve is to look younger than their actual age. For this, hundreds of scientists from all over the world are constantly working ... in search of the best ingredient to provide the desired results. One fairly recent discovery that was made while searching for such an ingredient was the discovery of Meadowfoam oil.
Meadowfoam oil is an edible oil extracted from seeds (Oregon) in strict accordance with all quality standards that have been successfully developed over 25 years. The seeds contain up to 20-30% oil. The oil contains more than 98% long-chain fatty acids and 20 carbon atoms. It is most similar to its competitor - rapeseed oil. It is a slightly viscous liquid of light golden color. Has a characteristic oily odor. It dissolves well in other oils.
Meadowfoam oil is prized primarily for its exceptional oxidative stability and versatile functionality in a wide range of cosmetic and personal care products. This oil is significantly different from many other natural oils. This is due to the original chemical composition of fatty acids, which contain more carbon atoms than any other fatty acids in common edible oils such as soybean, almond, sunflower or olive oil. As a result, meadowfoam seed oil provides good softness without being overly greasy or sticky.
Benefits of Meadowfoam Oil
- natural, contains no preservatives and is derived from non-GMO plants;
- no animal by-products are used in production;
- has excellent moisturizing, softening properties (ideal for dry skin care);
- slows down trans-epidermal moisture loss;
- excellent antioxidant (can be used to extend the shelf life of other more volatile oils and oil mixtures);
- irreplaceable means for the care of aging skin of the face and body (creams, lotions, scrubs);
- high content of vitamin E;
- the content of eucosenic acid (thanks to it, the oil is surprisingly easily absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling);
- in combination with sunscreen lotion protects the skin from ultraviolet rays, which can cause skin diseases, especially in case of prolonged exposure;
- widespread use in the aromatherapy industry;
- suitable for sensitive skin.
As part of cosmetics
This oil is often used as a transport oil, it goes well with essential oils. It is used by perfumers as a fixative for aromas.
- Handmade soap;
- night creams;
- shampoos for colored hair;
- regenerating masks;
- anti-aging serums;
- cleansing lotions;
- massage complexes;
- lip balms.
👍 New items in the category
💯 Bestsellers in the category
✅ Most popular products in the category