The miraculous properties of sea buckthorn were known in Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt. Avicenna himself advised using the squeeze from reddish-orange fruits to treat wounds and burns! Sea buckthorn was also held in high esteem among the peoples of Ancient Russia. The berry has not lost its relevance to this day. Sweet and sour fruits are widely used in medicine as a treatment and prevention of many diseases, and are also successfully used in home and industrial cosmetology.
What sea buckthorn oil consists of
How is such a precious sea buckthorn oil obtained? It is produced from the pulp and seeds of the berries themselves, which contain up to 10% of valuable vegetable fat. The best is the oil obtained by cold pressing.
Sea buckthorn oil composition
- Carotenoids and vitamin C, the concentration of which in sea buckthorn is higher than in lemon.
- Vitamin E and B vitamins.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
- Phytosterols, amino acids and phospholipids.
- Oleic acid Omega-9.
- Linoleic acid Omega-6.
- Palmitic acid.
- Stearic acid.
- Macro - and microelements (magnesium, calcium, iron, silicon, manganese, nickel, etc.).
- Organic acids (salicylic and tartaric, succinic, oxalic and malic).
Medicinal properties and benefits of sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn oil is a powerful natural antioxidant that strengthens the immune system and improves body tone. Also, the oil of bright berries perfectly heals intractable wounds and has a beneficial effect on the eyes (heals conjunctivitis, radiation damage to the cornea). Sea buckthorn oil should not be neglected for colds, as well as for patients with diabetes and obesity!
In addition, sea buckthorn oil has a choleretic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, analgesic and cancer-protective effect.
What else can sea buckthorn oil be useful for?
- Regular consumption of sea buckthorn oil normalizes the acidity level of gastric juice, activates the functions of the pancreas, improves bowel function and lipid metabolism in the liver.
- Healing oil helps with gastritis, constipation, colitis, stomach ulcers and prevents the formation of kidney stones and hemorrhoids.
- Normalizes blood pressure and blood clotting, prevents the development of inflammatory processes, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and lowers cholesterol.
- Sea buckthorn oil is considered an excellent prophylactic agent and is recommended for the treatment of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
- Prevents heart attack, stroke and blood clots.
- Restores the body in case of poisoning with alcoholic beverages.
- Due to its immunostimulating properties, it helps to cope with sinusitis, runny nose and other colds.
- Heals erosive mouth ulcers caused by stomatitis. The oil is used in complex therapy for the treatment of periodontal disease and pulpitis.
- Supports hormonal balance in women. It is used to treat cervical erosion, cracks, vaginal microflora disorders, candidiasis, vaginitis and other ailments of the female reproductive system.
- It is useful to take the drug externally during pregnancy to prevent the formation of stretch marks and stretch marks, as well as good hydration of the dermis.
- Heals burns, wounds and abrasions, frostbite and bedsores. Sea buckthorn oil stops the development of bacteria and microbes, which allows it to be used in postoperative recovery.
- Eliminates wrinkles, removes age spots, improves the condition of hair, eyelashes, eyebrows and skin.
The use of sea buckthorn oil in cosmetology
This natural remedy perfectly nourishes and moisturizes dry, dull skin. Suitable for aging and problem skin care, has a toning and softening effect.
Sea buckthorn oil relieves flaking and feeling of tightness, increases the elasticity and firmness of tissues. Also, the product has protective and healing properties: it protects from negative external factors, eliminates acne, restores chapped and dry skin of the lips.
Sea buckthorn oil smoothes the surface of the facial skin, eliminates fine wrinkles and reduces age spots.
Sea buckthorn pomace is used to intensively moisturize and nourish the skin of the body. It is enough to add a few drops of oil to your regular cream. Regular use can reduce redness and breakouts. The tool can be used for massage as well.
Sea buckthorn oil saves from hair loss, accelerates hair growth and restores it after coloring, styling, straightening and aggressive curling. The drug accelerates the healing of microtraumas of the scalp, copes with itching, dandruff and irritation. Sea buckthorn oil kills bacteria that cause skin diseases. Do not forget to apply oil to your hair, and after a couple of months it will become shiny, silky and manageable.
For eyebrows and eyelashes
Daily use of the drug strengthens and softens the hairs on the eyebrows and eyelashes, provides nourishment and hydration, and reduces hair loss. The result will not keep you waiting long! The eyelashes will become glossy and dense, and the eyebrows will be thicker.