Black currant oil and its properties
Since ancient times, these sweet and sour fruits have been consumed fresh, in the form of compotes, jelly and jams to maintain immunity. But few people have heard of black currant oil, which has the strongest therapeutic and cosmetic properties. Currant oil is used externally for skin care procedures. Black currant oil is useful for the face, black currant oil is no less useful for hair. Also, currant seed oil is used internally for various pathologies.
Useful substances in high concentration are found in the seeds of the fruit. It is from them that black currant oil is produced, the use of which is important for diseases of the skin of the face and body, hair. During the production process, blackcurrant seed oil is not subjected to heat treatment, therefore it retains maximum useful properties. Oil is made from black currant seeds in two ways: pressing and extraction. The result is a fairly thick liquid with a rich yellow color with a pleasant berry aroma. It should be stored in a dark glass bottle in a cool dark place no more than 12 months after opening the bottle. Close the bottle tightly after use.
About composition and properties
The oil has unique properties due to its composition:
- Omega-6 fats, which contain gamma-linolenic acid, help transport energy to cells. In view of this, black currant oil is used to prevent premature aging and a stimulant for cell regeneration.
- Omega-9 fats also contain blackcurrant oil. The properties of oleic acid are cholesterol and sugar lowering. Thanks to this component, black currant seed oil has anti-tumor properties.
- Omega-3 fats and their alpha-linolenic acid currant oil are used as an antioxidant and immunomodulator. In addition, currant seed oil regulates hormonal balance, thins the blood, and participates in the formation of sperm.
- Contains ascorbic acid. With regular use of currant seed oil, metabolic processes are normalized, cells are saturated with oxygen, and an improvement in general condition is noted.
- Useful for the face of currant oil: the flavonoids in its composition slow down skin aging, protect against the harmful effects of UV rays on the skin. The use of flavonoids slows down the growth of bacteria and inflammation, so currant oil is good for scalp and hair prone to seborrhea and dandruff.
- The use of antioxidants, which are contained in black currant seed oil, neutralizes free radicals and resists atypical processes.
- Tocopherol is found in blackcurrant oil. Its use is relevant during the growth period: it promotes the formation of bone and muscle tissue.
- The succinic acid contained in currant oil is essential for the face and hair. As part of black currant seed oil, it participates in cellular respiration, prevents aging and has a pronounced anti-aging property.
- It is topical to use currant oil for the face and body, if the skin is prone to rashes, there are long non-healing wounds, suppuration. All thanks to the phytoncides that black currant oil contains. The use of oil suppresses pathogens, fungus.
Blackcurrant oil for hair and skin is a unique combination of unsaturated fatty acids and micronutrients. Currant oil is used for hair, for the face as an independent remedy or as part of cosmetic and medical products. Blackcurrant oil is often included in preparations for the treatment of hair and skin for dermatological diseases, burns, and wounds.
For the care of very dry skin of the face and body, cosmetologists recommend black currant oil. Its properties allow you to stimulate the work of the sebaceous glands, which allows you to get rid of excessive dryness. The oil is found in creams and massage mixtures.
Blackcurrant seed oil is used for hair: it activates blood flow, awakens "dormant" hair follicles.