Soy lecithin is an indispensable substance for the human body. It acts as a dietary supplement, medicine and active ingredient in cosmetics. Lack of substance can cause serious illness. How is soy lecithin useful and how can you use it?
Origin and receipt
Lecithin is a complex lipid (fatty element) necessary for the human body. Without it, normal work of brain cells, blood, nerve tissue, etc. is impossible. The name of the lipid is Greek, it comes from the word "lekithos" (egg yolk) - eggs contain a lot of this natural substance. In addition, lecithin can be found in beans, flour, buckwheat, avocado, nuts, carrots, cabbage, beef, fish oil and caviar, cottage cheese, butter and milk.
The composition of this complex lipid lead:
- B vitamins;
- holine neurotransmitter;
- acids: oleic, stearic, linoleic, phosphoric, palmitic, oleic.
In the body, lecithins are "responsible" for the construction of cell membranes, the elimination of toxins, the transmission of nerve impulses, the metabolism, the accumulation of energy in the body. In cooking and cosmetology, lecithin is an emulsifier - a substance that allows you to successfully mix an emulsion of incompatible components.
Soy lecithin is obtained by heat treatment from soybean oil, subjected to purification. The industry also uses lecithin from sunflower oil.
Benefits and features
Lecithin is the most important substance for normal human life. One of its main tasks is the fight against atherosclerosis. In the body, this substance:
- improves memory;
- rejuvenates the skin;
- accelerates metabolism;
- relieves the heart and blood vessels;
- helps with pregnancy;
- fills insulin deficiency;
- eliminates the causes of depression;
- increases mental alertness;
- helps to assimilate fats;
- helps with neurodermatitis and psoriasis;
- upports the health of the nervous system, brain and liver;
- provides “delivery” of nutrients to all organs;
- helps cell membranes regenerate while maintaining cell integrity.
Soy lecithin is also useful for people suffering from obesity, as it quickly destroys fats. Smokers this substance helps to get rid of a bad habit, reducing cravings for nicotine.
Application and release form
Soy Lecithin is used in:
In cooking, a complex lipid acts as an emulsifier E322, allowing you to create a uniform substance in the production of cheese, ice cream, chocolate. Substance increases shelf life of confectionery and bakery products. Thanks to him, the bread does not stick, the oil for frying is not sprayed, and the chocolate keeps the shape of the tile.
In medicine, soy lecithin is available as a dietary supplement, in the form of powder, granules, gels, solutions and capsules. It can assign people who work a lot mentally and physically, suffers from problems with the intestines and stomach, as well as the elderly and children. Supplements with lecithin help to quickly fill the shortage of this substance in the body and get rid of:
- diseases of the liver and gallbladder;
- impaired memory and attention;
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels;
- nicotine addiction;
- propensity to obesity;
- developmental delays.
Important: before taking dietary supplements with lecithin, be sure to consult your doctor!
In cosmetology, soy lecithin is a popular means for stabilizing formulations, an active component of various drugs and preparations. It is part of:
- universal face masks;
- shampoos and hair balsams;
- SPF products for and against sunburn;
- Lotions, serums and creams for the face, hands, eyelids.
Lecithin provides restoration of the skin, softens the skin, deeply nourishes it with nutrients. Your skin will be smooth and fresh, with a healthy color, without wrinkles, inflammation, dryness.
How does lecithin affect:
- Hair. It nourishes the roots, regenerates the structure, slows down the processes of destruction, aging, makes the curls obedient, thick and healthy. Lecithin is recommended for fatty roots, dry and damaged hair, helps in the procedure of straightening curls, accelerates growth.
- Skin. Lecithin is able to deeply nourish and cleanse the skin of the face, hands, body. It helps remove toxic substances, retains moisture in the skin, increases regeneration. Normalization of the sebaceous glands will eliminate shine and black spots. The skin will soften, clear, get rid of creases and fine wrinkles.
Lecithin is part of the funds that fight skin aging. Recognized as an effective antioxidant, it protects the skin from free radicals and external influences. Home and purchase products with lecithin - an ideal choice for delicate dry skin with hypersensitivity.