Pistachio oil and its uses
Pistachios are nuts that grow in bunches similar to grapes. They hide in a thick peel, which turns pink as it ripens. When the pistachio breaks along its natural line, the fruit can be harvested. Interestingly, the essential oils in pistachio leaves can cause dizziness. Therefore, the product is harvested at night for further harvesting.
Pistachios are cultivated in different countries, but Syria is recognized as their homeland, from where the product was distributed to Greece and Egypt.
How is the oil obtained?
Pistachio oil is produced from product kernels by cold pressing. The result is a cloudy, dark green substance. It is important to pick pistachios in the dark. Further, the product undergoes a certain degree of purification and can be used for cooking hot meals. Unrefined oils are often used in cosmetics.
But even in refined oil, almost 100% of the beneficial properties are preserved. After refining, the oil changes its color from dark green to yellowish.
Composition of pistachio oil
The chemical formula of pistachio kernels contains almost 70% of natural oil, which is used in cosmetology and medicine, as well as for other purposes. After refining, the composition contains about 55% oleic acid and 35% linoleic acid. About 2% is allocated to palmitoleic and linolenic acids. Also in the recipe you can find unsaturated stearic acid.
Additionally, phytosterols and vitamin E can be isolated in the product formula in an amount of as much as 19 mg per 100 g of the product. These substances stimulate very powerful regeneration processes in the skin and restore its immunity and elasticity. Additionally, they affect the synthesis of collagen fibers and help get rid of inflammation.
When used for cosmetic purposes, the product has the following effects on the skin:
- helps to remove flaking, traces of chapping;
- heals cracks on the lips and speeds up the process of eliminating herpes;
- tones and rejuvenates the face;
- moisturizes and nourishes in winter;
- normalizes complexion, is able to cleanse from dark circles and redness;
- relieves irritation and inflammation;
- brightens age spots;
- helps to get rid of irregularities, burn marks and even repair scars;
- effectively removes fatigue from the skin;
- gives softness with regular use;
- protects from external influences;
- helps to retain moisture.
The oil is also effective for restoring the health of hair and nails. Provides excellent results with regular use. Moreover, this product is quickly absorbed without leaving any residue.
Useful pistachio fat can be used for cosmetic purposes, as well as for losing weight and improving the body:
- it is used as a base oil for massage, wrapping with essential oils;
- complement shampoos and balms with oil, adding it drop by drop to these products;
- they are enriched with creams for dry and normal skin, added to anti-aging products;
- you can use the oil for the care of baby skin, as well as the epidermis of a pregnant woman;
- it is used after sunburn to eliminate possible burns and soothe the skin;
- can be used as a base and for face masks, as well as independently to improve the condition of the skin.
Before use, the base oil must be heated to 38-40 degrees, but not more. Overheating can cause skin burns. There are some other rules to consider when using oil.
The first is the way it is stored. After purchasing the oil, you must immediately remove it in a dark place, but not in the refrigerator. The shelf life of an unrefined product is several months. It is important to limit access not only to sunlight, but also oxygen to the product. This is the only way to be sure of the high quality of the ingredients used.
Second, when adding to recipes, it is important to add essential oils to the base, and not vice versa. If other components are present, the oil is combined with them after heating.
When used in its pure form, the oil is simply applied along the massage lines without rubbing into the skin too much. You do not need to wash your face after it, since the product is quickly absorbed by itself.
👍 New items in Pistachio Oil Refined 2023
💯 Bestsellers in the Pistachio Oil Refined 2023
💵 Cheapest Pistachio Oil Refined 2023
💰 Most expensive Pistachio Oil Refined 2023
✅ Most popular products in the Pistachio Oil Refined 2023
💵 Price range: from to Pistachio Oil Refined 2023