Eucalyptus oil is familiar to many since childhood as a component of medical cold remedies. However, it has many options for use - from medicine to cosmetology and even household chemicals. His tart cooling scent was considered a remedy for melancholy, and more than 40 beneficial components were found in the composition.
Origin and receipt
Eucalyptus essential oil is obtained from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. Homeland tree - Australia, but now it is successfully cultivated in Spain, California and Portugal. Eucalyptus trees make the soil drier, and air and climate healthier. Each of the 600 species of wood has its own unique aroma - from the smell, like a rose, to the usual "turpentine".
Oil from eucalyptus shoots and leaves is produced by steam distillation. From a ton of greens, no more than 5 kg of essential oil is obtained. Most often, spherical eucalyptus is used for making oil - it most effectively fights against viruses. Lemon and radiant eucalyptus are only slightly inferior to the spherical in healing properties.
Eucalyptus oil is a clear, colorless (or slightly yellowish) flowing fluid. It is recognizable primarily by the resinous tart smell with cooling notes.
Benefits and features
Eucalyptus essential oil is especially valued for a large number of medicinal ingredients (more than 40). Among them, in particular:
- organic acids;
- minerals (copper, iron, magnesium, iodine, calcium, zinc);
- terpenes (camphene, zineol, globulol, pinene, fenhen, myrtenol, phellandrene);
- aldehydes (citronellol, isovaleric, nylon, cumin, caprylic).
One of the most valuable components of the oil is cineol - the most powerful natural antiseptic. It defines the basic properties of eucalyptus oil. In medicine, cineole is used to gently and effectively relieve swelling, pain and stress, heal suppurative inflammations and wounds, relieve colds, reduce blood sugar levels, improve heart function.
The eucalyptus aroma speeds up recovery after diseases, improves attention and potency, increases the capacity of memory, intelligence. In addition, eucalyptus oil with its smell repels insects (mosquitoes, gadflies). It quickly removes drowsiness, fatigue, increases creativity.
Properties of eucalyptus oil:
- heals wounds;
- eliminates dandruff, itching, peeling;
- makes the nail plate durable, smooth;
- stimulates the body, eliminates spasms, bacteria, parasites;
- refreshes and tones problem (inflamed, aging, oily) skin;
- has diuretic, antirheumatic, blood-purifying and antiseptic properties.
Eucalyptus oil acts on a person quickly and very strongly, and there are no problems from overdosing unless you are allergic to the components of the oil.
Application and release form
Eucalyptus oil is used primarily in medicine - official and folk - to eliminate colds. It quickly copes with inflammatory processes, lowers temperature, has a flow and diuretic effect.
Available in medical and cosmetic preparations, as well as separately.
Eucalyptus essential oil has wound healing, disinfecting and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in the form of applications, baths, douches to heal burns, frostbite, wounds, and inflammation of the urinary system. It helps to treat tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, caries, gingivitis, shingles, chickenpox, measles, herpes. Oil quickly relieves joint pain after physical activity.
In aromatherapy, eucalyptus oil is used against infectious diseases. It will also help if you have a working deadline - tones the mind, will drive drowsiness. 15 sq.m. Put 2-5 drops of oil into the aroma lamp.
In cosmetology, this natural oil is used:
- in pure form;
- mixed with other essential oils;
- as part of ready-made cosmetics;
- in the manufacture of home cosmetics.
- Masks, shampoos and hair balsams will make curls strong, shiny, soothe skin itch, help to cope with dandruff and lice. Important: if you have oily hair, use no more than 5 drops of eucalyptus oil at a time.
- Creams, lotions and face masks and cleavage zones will whiten and rejuvenate the skin, tighten it, eliminate acne, boils, herpes, and restore after frostbite, wounds, and sunburn. Oil can be used for deodorization.
- Creams and applications will strengthen the nails, eliminate damage, fungus, layering.
Store oil in a dark, cool, dry place. It is recommended to combine it with oils of lemon, vetiver, bigardia, pettigrain, cedar, rosemary, lavender, orange, geranium, rosewood.